by Paulina Chávez Menéndez
I´ve found myself lately thinking about color. I have a wedding in a few weeks and I am looking for the perfect dress, and of course, the perfect color. The way to pick the right tone, is by identifying our skin undertones. Each one of us has a different skin color; some have pale skin, others have a natural tan color, others beige or others dark skin. This is something we can all easily see, but what really makes the difference are the undertones.
The skin undertone is the warm, cool, or neutral shade visible through the surface color of skin. The skin undertone may change due to factors such as sun exposure, eating habits or skin conditions like rosacea and acne, but the undertones will always remain the same. Talkin about cool, warm and neutral undertones, these are tones that your skin looks alike depending on which category you fit.
Cool (pink, red or bluish undertones)
Warm (yellow or golden undertones)
Neutral (a mix of warm and cool undertones)
And how can you know if you are cool, warm or neutral? I have 5 tips on how to identify your undertone so you can pick the best colors for you at any ocassion.
1. Check your veins. Look at what color your veins look like. If they look blue/purple, you have a cool undertone. If they look green/olive, you have a warm undertone. And if they look green/blue or you just can´t define which color they look like, you have a neutral undertone.
2. Which color of jewerly do you look better with? Silver or gold? If you look better with silver jewerly, you have cool undertones, and if you look better with gold, you have warm undertones. In the case you look good on both, you are a neutral undertone.
3. When taking the sun, do you tan or burn? If you burn easily and turn pink, you are a cool undertone. If you tan, you are a warm undertone.
4. Check using white. With a white t-shirt or towel around your neck in natural or incandescent light, see which color is reflected. If it is blue, you are cool, and if it looks more yellow, you are warm.
5. Listen to what people tell you. There are some days everyone tells you just how beautiful you look, or how that color looks amazing on you. Remember those good commentaries, and that will also guide you to which undertone you are.
And well, now that you know which undertone you are, you have to know which are the cool and warm colors I have just talked so much to you about. And here they are!
Knowing which is your undertone will help chosing the best colors for you, and it can also help you picking the right foundation and make up for your skin color, and of course, undertone. Using colors the right way may help you in more than one way. I hope this information will be helpful for you all; it is always good learning something new and knowledge, will always give you power.